[icinga-users] Icingaweb2 wizard with postgres fails

Florian Bachmann bachmann.f at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:48:01 CET 2019

Hi,

this sounds like PostgreSQL authentication has not been properly configured.

While Andreas apparently tries to connect using password authentication
(not enabled with the default RHEL/CentOS postgresql configuration if I
remember correctly, and you will need to create the database roles
beforehand with the "postgres" administrator account), you seem to be
trying to authenticate with "ident", which basically means "if the db
user name matches the name of the user running the PostgreSQL client (as
reported by the operating system) that is good enough and we don't need
no stinking passwords!". Unless your web server runs under the
"icingaweb" account, that isn't going to work out.

Basically both of you should study the PostgreSQL documentation for the
pg_hba.conf file, modify that file to fit your requirements, then
recycle the PostgreSQL daemon (systemctl restart postgresql, reload
isn't good enough) and try again.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

Kind regards
Florian