[icinga-users] Icingaweb2 wizard with postgres fails

Bernd Nachtigall bnacht at web.de
Thu Feb 14 09:59:52 CET 2019

Am 14.02.19 um 08:44 schrieb Markus Joosten:
(...)
> I'd consider changing a PostgreSQL's pg_hba.conf a pretty basic task,
> quite the opposite of "highly complex".
>
> That installation step you mentioned is even mentioned in the docs:
> https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/02-getting-started/#setting-up-the-postgresql-database
>
>(the
>  part where it says to locate your pg_hba.conf and enable md5>
> authentication)
This part of the documentation is for Icinga2. It is not for 'Icinga Web
2'. (I have no problems or failures when installing Icinga2. My rand was
about 'Icinga Web 2').

And if you use the db icingaweb2 in 'Icinga Web 2' the settings from the
document you mentioned are ...

This is one reason of the problems with this install documentation.
Have a look at the web. There are so much tutorials about the 'Icinga
Web 2' installation. Ok, mostly about the inst. with mySQL. It is not
clear at all. But if you know how Icinga2 and 'Icinga Web 2' works you
can get the needed info from the documentation (and the wizard, maybe).

> Also, you could have always chosen to go the MySQL route, which for
> some reason you didn't do.
Why I should use mySQL if there is a possibility to use PostgreSQL? If I
have to use mySQL for Icinga2 there should be no support for PostgreSQL.

EoD, because this is not helpful for others.

Bernd